Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Appliances…The upstairs laundry

This posting could (should?) be titled “So…you want to be a builder”

I’m wandering around the “L” Shaped House after work last night catching up on what’s going on and see the washer and dryer stacked together nearly ready to be pushed back into the cabinetry. It strikes me that the 12” of clearance above the dryer might be better used lifting the washer higher off the floor. I know Paul will be back later so I “ambushed” him at about 7:30 pm with my new request. We talked about the possibilities and came up with a plan to build a platform 10” off the floor for the washer/dryer assembly.

Appliances 31 Appliances 32

Because the crew from American Air Supply is coming first thing in the morning to install the dryer venting in the outside wall Paul has to get busy building the platform right away. The photo below shows the scene at about 8:30 pm just before I drove off to get Sam at karate and head home.

It seems an appropriate photo for Paul’s first appearance in this blog!

Garage lights 5

0 comments: