Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kid’s eye view…(of the name BOGR!)

Hi...My name is Helen (the kid on the left in the blog header image).

Yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the thing were moving sometime (who knows when) and if you haven't been reading this blog then we're building house! It's a lot to take in but the news isn't quite real to me. yet...! Anyway have you read about Bogr? The name for our new house?!? Well here's the real story about the shield. One day my dad came home, put the ugly shield up no questions asked. Over the years Camille (our former neighbor), Gretchen (our current neighbor) and I have tried to take it down. It's always (no matter where we hide it) found its way back on our house. SO please if you have a heart be against bringing the thing to the new house (I said please!) As you can see I celebrate my Nordic heritage but I don't scream it to the world (let alone Cottage Lane) and I know I can't take the name bogr! (it is just plain weird.)  But that's just how I see it!

0 comments: